Grind tea leaves in a small food processor or a spice grinder before making. Makes about 8 dozen
2 cups flour
2 tablespoons finely ground Earl Grey or Earl Grey with lavendar tea leaves (4-6 bags)
( I used Revolution tea)
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
optional: 1 tsp finely grated orange zest
1. Whish together flour, tea, and salt in a bowl.
2. Put butter, confectioner’s sugar, and orange zest in the bowl of an electirc mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Reduce speed to low; gradually mix in flour mixture until just combined.
3. Divide dough in half. Transfer each half to a piece of parchement paper; shape into logs. Roll in parchement to 1 1/4 inches in diameter, pressing ruler along edge of parchement at each turn to narrow the log and force out air. Transfer in parchment to papwer towel tubes; freeze until firm, 1 hour.
4. Preheat overn to 350F. Cut logs into 1/4: slices. Space 1 inch apart on baking sheet lined wit parchment.
5. back cookies, rotating sheets halfway through, until edges are golden, 13-15 minutes. Let cool on wire racks. Cookies can be stored in airtight containers at room temperature up to 5 days.